Sunday, January 2, 2011

Staring into Space (Prose Poem)

Staring into space, I saw what the future could yield. I could be rich or poor could be floating around the planets and stars or under the waves. I could be in a war somewhere or behind a desk somewhere else. Therefore, I started thinking about all my dreams, skills, past experiences and achievements. What could I do to achieve my dreams? Is there one thing like an invention that I can make and never work from here on out? Then I thought what fun that would be I would just get bored not having to do any work. I could always just follow what everyone else does and work for my living. Do I want to do all the things I like to do in my free time or do I want to try to better myself so I can do the things I want to do in the future. I had all these choices to make then I thought to my self that I do not have to make all of them at once that I can make them through out my life. Nevertheless, I would also have to pay attention to people around me to make sure that I do not make the same mistakes they do. Then I just let my mind wonder and think about why do we rejoice about school being out then a week later rather be at school then at home. The only thing I could figure is that we are tried of being with family and we run out of things to do. That first week though of being home is great not having to do anything, sleeping until noon, and hanging out with friends. But, by the end of the week you start staring into space and wondering what could happen, or what could have happened if you had this or that or been somewhere else when something bad happened. However, by the time you get to these thoughts deep in your mind then someone begins to talk to you and like that, the thoughts are gone until you once again start to stare into space again.

No comments:

Post a Comment